Monday, October 27, 2008

First Day

Okay, well, I've never blogged before, so here goes. I'm home with my children all day and dying for adult interaction. I hope that my family enjoys catching up on the day to day adventures (or as I like to call them-vescapades). My sons are home from school today, and I can hear them downstairs banging around. I'm just hoping they have no broken bones and still have both eyes. My daughters are both asleep at the same time!!!

I hope anyone reading this is ready to get out and vote. I come from a very conservative part of the country, but I am voting for Obama. I still can't figure out why anyone could vote for McCain with Sarah Palin on the ticket. I am a feminist, and I appreciate the fact that we have come so far as to have a woman nominated for VP. But Palin?? I have yet to be convinced that she has the intelligence, will, and savvy to be VP. And if McCain dies?? I hold Sarah Palin to a higher standard because she is supposed to be a trailblazer, the picture of the modern and successful woman who can have a family and a career. So far, her shortcomings are far greater then her strengths. I'm sure she's a great mom, a great lady, and an okay politician. But VP?? No.

Hang in there while I get the hang of this blogging thing.

2 comments:

Colby31 said...

I think your blog spot is very cool. I look forward to reading your comments and thoughts. Enjoy the quit times because I will be home in two days to bother you.
Love C

Marta said...

I feel much closer to you now that I can read your comments about the family
Thanks
Love M