Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Crazy Busy Life

So much to do, so little time.  It is a common complaint among most families.  The Vescapades family has been quite successful at balancing family time and extracurricular activity time, but with four kids even a few activities can make for busy weeks. 

Last week, we had Girl Scouts, band concerts, football practice, soccer, football (game got rained out, but not before we drove all the way there), lodge meetings, Zoo Crew, school, and work.  Thankfully, it was the last weekend for Spring sports which has made this weekend more manageable.

This week...well, I taught nine yoga classes, which means I actually had to buy a loaf of bread instead of baking one.  I got my hair colored, breaking my no-chemical rule, in anticipation of my 15th anniversary party.  Thursday was the last day of school.  I threw the kids a party complete with cake and presents (because I felt guilty that I had to teach nine yoga classes and couldn't make it to any of their field trips).  We've been hard at work on the garden, and Colby is almost done planting.  We had friends over for an early Memorial Day gathering.  Tomorrow is actually Memorial Day, but Dade is working at the zoo, and I am teaching yoga which makes partying a little more difficult.

So, I want to keep family and friends updated with photos of my beautiful family.  I'll sneak in just a few photos now, just to brag a little bit.  I don't have a photo, but Brody scored a perfect 100% on the state reading test and earned a special award.  The elementary-aged kids all received excellent grades, and hopefully when Dade's report card comes in the mail he won't be grounded.  So, without further ado, here's a quick visual catch up with the Vescapades kiddos:

Last day of school!!! Dade never wants his photo taken, so I don't have one from his last day.



Evelyn with the bug catcher she picked out at our Welcome to Summer Break party.  She has a caterpillar in it right now.

Brody with his party swag.

We've already been to the zoo a few times since Dade is working there again.

Evelyn got to feed Louise.

The kids are pretending to be eagles in the eagle's nest.

He's my Zoo Crew boy.  Love him!

We can't forget about the chickens!

Evelyn is all about sharing the chicken love with her friends.

Lindsey Lohan checking out the nests.

Mo really dislikes that half-bald chicken.

Despite the look on her face, Evelyn loves her little hen.


No comments: