Thursday, February 13, 2014

Week 15

Today is February 13th, and we've been living in a hotel since October 28, 2013. My house is completely painted inside.  The exterior is done.  Flooring is about 90% installed.  Counter tops are ordered.  Appliances are waiting in the garage.  Oh, the garage door is installed and is quiet as a mouse when it opens...no more squealing, squeaking, or squawking. Lighting fixtures are mounted and powered.  We don't have any water or toilets yet, but soon enough we will.  Did I mention that Colby upgraded to tall toilets?  I upgraded the cabinets; he upgraded the crapper.  Priorities, people.

So, my friends, the end of hotel life is upon us.  All of our furniture is set to be delivered on February 24th.  Side note: Colby and I will be in San Antonio February 19-23 for a work-sponsored retreat.  We are so good at bad timing.

As I sit in my hotel room today washing all the laundry, packing up a few things, and watching Zero Dark Thirty, I dream of the moment when I walk back into my cozy little split level.  I dream of baking a loaf of bread, roasting some Brussels sprouts, and walking the dogs.  So, friends, if my blog is silent for awhile it's because I'll be busy on a short vacation and then beginning my new adventure post-fire.

Much love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)