Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Making New Friends

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we became the proud "parents" of two sick kittens a few weeks ago.  When we first got them I thought they hated us; they ran away and hid from us at any and all opportunities.  As it turns out, they were actually just deathly ill.  As soon as they came home from the hospital they were like totally different kittens.  Now, they are little furry bundles of purrs and kisses and snuggles.  


You can probably see where I belong in this picture...


Even old man Jefferson is warming up to the kittens.  Who can resist?


While we're on the subject of making new friends, I have to tell an interesting little story about the baby shower I threw for my friend Iryna.   I put together a sweet little get together for my Belarusian friend who s having her third baby...but her first baby born in the good old US of A.  She's never had an American baby shower, and she's actually sort of shy, so I wanted to throw her an intimate shower.  Turns out, baby had other plans.  Still only 36 weeks along, Iryna started having contractions about an hour before our scheduled shower and was put on bed rest until she's 37 weeks.  So, I threw the shower without her and met some very nice ladies over coffee and dessert.  I met five of these ladies (and the two kids) through yoga, which is where I also met Iryna.  One of these women is from Ukraine, and another is from Tajikistan.  Two are from Spain.  How amazing is it that I know women from all over the world here in little old Lincoln, NE?!  And it's all thanks to yoga.  Healthy body, healthy mind, healthy friendships.



No comments: