Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Oh my goodness, I am the parent of an 8th grader. Yep, it's true. My little tiny 7lb. 9 oz. baby is now 152 lbs. He has hair in all sorts of crazy places. His voice is deeper. His appetite is bigger. Good lord, when did this all happen?



Brody is in 3rd grade now. He's growing so fast, and so is his hair. I know what you're thinking: get that kid a haircut. He thinks he's Sampson or something; if we cut his hair he might lose all of his power. I dunno. I finally convinced him to let me trim his bangs, but the rest of the 'fro remained. No kidding, he gets a haircut maybe twice a year.



Eveyln is in 1st grade and has the same teacher Brody had for 1st grade. She wanted me to take about fifty photos of her in various poses. Imagine that: she's bossy. I have no idea where she gets it.





Brody refused to stand by Evelyn for a photo, so this was as close as I could get:



They headed to the swing set for a little before school exercise.


I don't know what they're taking about, but I imagine it goes like this:

Brody: Shut up, Evie.
Evie: You're a poopyhead, Brody. I'm not playing with you anymore.

Soren spent the morning on her floor bed made in the living room. She spent all of Monday puking, and she was still pretty tired by Tuesday morning.



We carried her puke bucket with us on the ride to school, and I didn't get to walk the kids up to the front door because of Soren's illness. It made me kind of sad, but all was well. Here's to a great 2011-2012 school year!


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Never a dull moment at your house, huh?