Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Party & a Tornado

Birthday party #33 was definitely a little more interesting than the parties of previous years. This year Nebraska was under an enormous severe thunderstorm/tornado threat. Of course, the one party I get to have a year gets threatened by bad weather. Undeterred, my friends and family ventured out to celebrate. My sister-in-law, a working mom of two boys, said, "It'll take more than a tornado to keep me from getting a night out." I love that girl, and here's a photo of me with her and her husband (Colby's little brother):
We started out at Green Gateau, where we've met for supper for the last 4 birthdays. My friend Amanda, a professional photographer, brought along her camera and took some photos for me. We also took some with my $100 camera, so between the two of us we took plenty of photos!
My favorite birthday present this year and every year...
Here's me with Amanda, my personal photographer and amazing friend:
Me and my girls getting a little bit crazy...
One of my friends from back in the day who has still hung around, Cody:
Someone had the great idea to try to lift me up, and the first attempt ended with lots of laughs...
But they did get me up!!
Me and Colby's little sister (I'll be the matron of honor in her wedding this year):
My long, long, long time friend, Sara. It couldn't be my birthday without her!
Me and all my girls right before we headed off to bowling:
Up to this point the weather held out. There weren't anymore storms, especially no severe storms and heavy rain like we'd had earlier in the day. So, we headed out to bowl. I did not get too drunk and drop my bowling ball backwards this year!! Here are some snapshots from bowling:
I was best bowler the first game with a score of 142!!
We bowled two games, and then we all headed home. It was perfect timing: right as we were pulling into the garage the tornado sirens started blaring. Fortunately, there was no tornado or storm damage, but there was a funnel cloud sighted very near our neighborhood. Everyone arrived home safe and sound. It was another very happy birthday for me thanks to all my amazing friends and family!

No comments: