Friday, April 13, 2012

Healthy Body, Healthy Mind

I hate to bore you with another post about my healthy body challenge, but I do have a few updates to share.

#1: I now weigh in under 150 lbs. I weighed myself today at the gym...148.2 lbs. Last times checked my BMI (two weeks ago) I was still classified as overweight. I think if I recalculate it now, I might be "normal". I find it hard to believe, however, that someone who is a size 8/10 is overweight.

#2: I will be subbing 3 yoga classes next week along with teaching my own. It seems crazy to me that I will be working a real job 4 whole hours next week - that's me actually earning a paycheck! How exciting! I can be a full time mom and a part time yoga master (haha). Our membership to the YMCA is now also $50 cheaper thanks to my employee discount. While the perk to my job is reduced cost gym membership, the perk to Colby's job is reduced cost bacon. Sort of counter productive.

#3: I've started a food journal, something I've never done before. So far I have definitely found myself much more accountable for what I'm eating. I have pretty good eating habits anyway, but I have a big problem with portion control. I'm also counting glasses of water. I know I don't drink enough, and it makes me feel tired and gives me headaches. Hopefully being more vigilant about my fluid intake will lead me to make drinking more water a habit.

No comments: