Sunday, October 14, 2012

Never Pay for Pizza Again

I've discovered the world's best pizza recipe.  Seriously.  I've been practicing pizza dough for awhile now because it is an easy yeast dough for someone new to baking with yeast (like me).  My Kitchenaid mixer with dough hook attachment has been a godsend, but it really isn't necessary for pizza dough.   This is the pizza dough I made last night, and it was amazing!  I made pizza sauce with some tomatoes from our garden mixed with a can of tomato sauce.  I'd give you the recipe, but it only exists in my head.  Check out this beauty:



I think I added a little bit of extra sugar to the crust recipe because I'm partial to Papa John's restaurant's sweet-ish crust.  Make sure to put lots of olive oil and corn meal on your pizza pan before you add the crust.  I don't think I will ever crave Papa John's again.  Sorry, Papa. 

No comments: