Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Garden Update

The garden has been cleared out, and the chickens are hard at work scratching around in the new, wide open space.  While I enjoy having a summer garden, I get somewhat tired of peeling and freezing tomatoes.  I will appreciate all of summer's hard work this Autumn as I make pizza sauce and salsa with our garden tomatoes.  We may even have enough to last into the new year depending on how much pizza my kiddos eat (probably a lot).

So, while the garden may look barren, the chickens see it as a wonderland of scratching and dust bathing. 


Speaking of chickens, four new baby hens are set to arrive next week.  Yay!!

Since the weather has turned a bit colder, Mo decided to make a bed on our pile of grass compost.  I guess it's putting off enough heat to keep an old dog warm.


I guess we'd better get her winter quarters set up since she refuses to come inside. 

No comments: