Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I am Still Alive!

I realized I haven't blogged since July, and I didn't think anyone really noticed until my mother in law mentioned it the other day.  So, I guess I should get back to it.  The main reason my blogging has slowed down is that our laptop is a piece of junk and our PC is even worse.  I use the iPad for our day-to-day Internet needs, but it isn't great for uploading photos.  Me and the trusty old Mac laptop are back at it this evening, uploading photos at a snail's pace.  It means I get to sit in one place for an hour or so, and that's surely not a bad thing.

So, the Summer flew by so very quickly.  As much as I complained about all four kids being home, the quick passage of time is not my friend.  Evelyn turned 8.  Dade turned 15.  Adventures in driving lessons to commence shortly. Soren turned 6.  Perhaps most amazing is that Colby turned 36. Yes, he is now closer to 40 than to 30, and I am always quick to remind him that he is a full 1 1/2 years older than me.  I have been teaching tons of yoga, including a free class I started for my friends (which I call Friendsies Yoga).  Who would have thought that I would be teaching yoga?! 

We didn't, unfortunately, take any vacations this summer.  We spent a lot of time working in the garden and managing the chicken coop.  Our hens are so amazing.  We love them so much!  We have four more chickens scheduled to be delivered next week.  I can't wait to meet them, and I will post photos as soon as the babies arrive.

Soren played soccer.  Brody played football.  Colby coached both. Early Fall is all about marching band for Dade.  Brody and Evelyn are both in the school choir, and Brody is the lone 5th grade viola player in the orchestra.  Both girls are still in Girl Scouts, and I am still leading the two troops.  Soren experienced her first Girl Scout overnight camp.  It was fun despite the rain and chill.

Four of my favorite little ladies

You'd be smiling, too, if these girls were in the van with you!

Two of my favorite Daisies at Girl Scout camp

Fruit Loop bird feeder

One of my favorite things about Girl Scouts is the amazing women I've met. 

It was a rainy and chilly day at the orchard.  


Evelyn celebrated her 8th birthday with a puppy party.  We made pet rocks, ate cake, and played games.

Opening presents in the shade

Some of our pet rocks

Everyone got her photo taken in the dog house.

Soren celebrated her 6th birthday, but her big party isn't until Saturday.  We are having a pancakes and pajamas party, and I can't wait!!  Here are a few photos from her birthday day:


The kids with Soren's birthday loot


This is the photo the kids wanted to take. I love them!
I think that pretty much catches y'all up on the Vescapades life.  I will posting some favorite recipes and summer reads soon.  And, of course, lots more photos of my crazy clan.  Look out, world.  I'm back.

No comments: