Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Namaste! You Pick!

So much fuss these days over whether we should say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or whatever.  I can't be bothered with the Christian notion that Christmas is their holiday, and that we should all act accordingly.  To me, Christmas is about family, friends, food, and presents.  Spirituality, whatever kind you ascribe to, has it's place every day and shouldn't be more important on one day than the next. 

Anyway, we spent Christmas Eve in our hotel opening a mound of presents.  We spent Christmas Day with my Dad and Step-mom (I forgot to bring my camera), and the weekend after Christmas with my Mom and Step-dad (I forgot my camera again).  I'm pretty sure I've gained a few pounds from all the Christmas food, and we definitely gained lots and lots of stuff to fill our "new" house.  Pretty kick-ass Christmas, I'd say.

Our little 4-foot-tall Christmas tree with all the gifts

My little Christmas "angels"

Evelyn is excited about the pretend pet turtle she opened!

Dade received the only thing he wanted: a Kindle Fire HD.  He was sure we would never buy him one, and he mentioned it every time he saw the commercial on television.  Mom is full of surprises.

Our little cowgirl is excited about the horse!

Brody with his new Matt Forte jersey
Our hotel catered supper in the lobby Christmas Eve, and we took advantage of the fireplace for a few family photos.  Happy Christmas Eve!!

 Of course, we had to leave treats for Santa and the reindeer...


This was the scene around the hotel for a few days; kids playing with new video games and dolls and action figures.  We have so many blessings, and it was nice to sit back, relax, and enjoy them!


No comments: