Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Place We Call Home

Since sharing photos of the house during its renovations, I thought maybe I should show the little place we call home.  When I tell people we live in a hotel room, I think they picture two full sized beds and a television.  We actually have quite a bit of space, maybe 750 square feet.  We have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living/dining room, and a small kitchen.

The hotel provides free hot breakfast every day, and Tuesday through Thursday they cater supper.  So, our consumption of processed food has increased, but my cooking time has decreased.  Also, my yoga students have prepared us so many home-cooked meals.  My kitchen doesn't really afford me an oven or the room to prepare the foods I normally prepare, but my yoga friends have brought fish, pot pies, lasagnas, salads, and so much more.  My yoga practice has not only blessed me with a healthy body, but it has also brought fantastic people into my life.

Here is the master bedroom.  That's a queen sized bed, thank goodness.

This is the view into the master bedroom showing you our vanity, closet, and the bathroom door.

Our living room and dining room

The kitchenette

This is the kids' room.  Both of the beds are queen sized.  Dade sleeps on the pull-out sofa in the living room.

The kids have their own bathroom.

And here's our dining room table.  It mostly gets used for the girls' craft projects.
So, that's our little piece of home away from home.  It's pretty cluttered, which drives Colby crazy, but we could definitely be a lot worse off.

No comments: