Monday, December 2, 2013

So Much For Which To Be Thankful!

Despite being sort of homeless this Thanksgiving, we still enjoyed a pretty amazing holiday.  Our friends flooded us with offers to join them for Thanksgiving dinner. Cooking for six extra people is quite an undertaking, and I felt oodles of love in every offer.  We ended up invading the Thanksgiving dinner of the C Family.  They have kids similar in age to ours, lots of room, and a fondness for all things liberal.  It seemed a perfect match.

And it was!  Mr. C made a pretty amazing turkey.  However, it was his homemade apple pie that stole the show for me.  I'm quite sure I ate about three quarters of it.  That's what he gets for inviting me to dinner.

Soren and one of her besties...Love these two littles so much!

Every photo I took of Evelyn was with a mouthful.  She gets that from her mama.

Our Lady and the Tramp moment with a bun


How many blond kids can we fit into one house?! The answer...at least six!  

Brody and his buddy...more blond kids

Two handsome Vesely boys

We also celebrated Thanksgiving/Christmas with Colby's family.  The weather was ridiculously warm and pleasant which doesn't really set the mood for Christmas spirit.  You know what does set the mood?  Presents.  And there were lots of those.

Soren playing cards with her great grandma

The family tradition continues...lots and lots of cards are played at Vesely gatherings.

Our 3-year-old nephew wanted to take tons and tons of photos.  This one isn't so bad!

The reason he is staring at my tongue and looking angry??  I couldn't roll my tongue into a "hot dog" like he could.

Another funny photo of me and my man

Wanna fight?

Cousins!

One big, happy, THANKFUL family

Brody had some time to watch the Bears game.  Go Bears!

Grandpa and Grandma with their grandkids. 
 As you can see, we have many, many blessings.  We have food, shelter, friends, family, and most importantly we still have all six of the Vescapades clan happy and healthy.  I am thankful every day for my four little turkeys.  

No comments: