Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ceiling!

Last week, our house was given the gift of insulation and walls.  This week... CEILINGS!  Not only are all the walls done, but the ceiling is up and textured.  Whoo hoo!

This is the view from the front door looking up into the living room.

Kitchen

View from the living room down toward the door

That is our vaulted ceiling that is now actually ceiling!!

This is one of my favorite views form the house: looking out the girls' bedroom window at the chicken coop and garden.

Looking down the hallway

Hall closet framed in and ready for paint

Who's that handsome guy?

My favorite yoga sculpture look pretty serene in the snow

The outside of the house still looks like hell.  Sorry, neighbors.
I also want to show off the new chickens.  They are growing so unbelievably fast, and one of my biggest regrets about this whole fire is that I am not at the house with them every day socializing with them.  I miss my babies!
Miss Lindsay, one of our most friendly hens, getting a little love from the fam.

Hello, ladies!

Front and center is Miss Henrietta, better known as our T-Rex.  She loves to attack the other hens and us.
And here's our pretty Pepper.  She looks pretty mean in this photo, but so far she's a good girl.
That's the latest homestead update.  Keep checking back because I think things will be moving right along!

No comments: