Friday, January 24, 2014

Trim!

The interior of the house is quickly coming together.  Today I took some new photos.  The carpenters were hard at work on the trim, and I am told all the trim has been stained besides the banister.  A little side note on our trim and banister: we spent a good amount of money upgrading the trim, casings, and banister to a higher quality and more modern style (craftsman).

Here is the living room and the newly-installed banister.  


Looking down the stairs toward the front door and the new octagon window.  You will see the old, fire-damaged front door still attached.  They don't install the new door until the crew is all done banging around everywhere.


The kitchen cabinets are installed and looking awesome!  We also spent some extra money here upgrading to a higher-quality wood and drawers made with actual wood boards instead of particle board.  We wanted a kitchen that could take a beating.  We also added a huge pantry beside the refrigerator.  Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how big it would be!


This is another upgrade: a cabinet area to be used as a charging station for computers and phones and as a place to put our printer.  The top cabinets will be locking cabinets for storing liquor.  With the large pantry and this little upgrade, I'm really not sure if our kitchen table will fit!!  This should be fun...


Here is what the upstairs bathroom looks like.  The cabinet is lighter in the bathroom.


Here is the girls' room.



Here's another shot of the living room.  I can't wait to fill it with furniture!


Yikes.  Every time I look at this door I get the chills.  I know I can't rewind the clock, but I really wish we could've carried our cats out this door with us.  I miss them so much and am devastated that we didn't save them.



Here's the master bedroom.  The trim was salvageable in here, but since we were replacing all the other trim in the entire house, we decided to just keep it uniform and buy new trim here.


Master bedroom closet

Since there is no lighting in the house yet, these photos taken in the garage are sort of funny looking.  This is a shot of our beautiful front door (another upgrade) standing tall amongst the boards and trim.  It's also craftsman style, and this grainy photo doesn't do it any justice.


The garage looks amazing considering this was the center point of the flames.


Here's a photo of the downstairs bathroom which is pretty much still just a shower stall and nothing else.


Hopefully, the next time I post photos you will see paint on the walls.  I have some pretty crazy colors picked out.

No comments: