Monday, May 17, 2010

My Foray into Sorbet

My ever-growing list of things I can make from scratch makes me very proud. I checked out a book from the library that teaches how to make homemade crackers, pickles, lemon curd, cheese, bacon, and lard. Homemade bacon and lard will not happen, of that I am sure. I am, however, excited to create fresh sorbet thanks to my friend Keri lending me her ice cream machine. My first batch was finished this morning. It's bittersweet chocolate, and it is definitely not kid-friendly. It is deliciously bitter and chocolaty and not the sweet chocolate most kids prefer.

I found a whole bunch of new ice cream and sorbet recipes online and am ready to make some yummy treats for the kids. If anyone has any favorite ice cream recipes, please pass them on to me!!

No comments: