Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Last Day of School (and its implications)


First of all, I forgot to take Dade's photo on the last day of school. Sue me. I know he doesn't care, so I'll let it go with that.

Second of all, the last day of school is always bittersweet for me and the kids. Brody cried the night before the last day of school because he didn't want to go to third grade without his teacher, Mr. Carter. Mr. C even turned Brody into a Colorado Buffaloes fan, and that's a big deal.

Evelyn said she didn't want to go to first grade. Who would ever want to leave kindergarten, really? She was, however, excited to start t-ball. So, I think things will work out for her.

Soren is really happy to have her brothers and sisters home with her. She thinks the world of them despite her uncanny ability to start a fight with any and all of them over absolutely nothing.

Dade is happy to be homework free for three months, but summer vacation isn't a break from chores for him. He has to mow the lawn and help his mama with the, as he calls them, young ones. He's looking forward to a healthy dose of fishing.

For me summer break is just work, work, work. Not only that but it means that my kids are all another year older, and so am I. Dade has one more year of middle school, and then I will be the parent of a HIGH SCHOOLER!! Lord help me.

Here's to a "fun" filled summer.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have to say that S's attitude in that photo is impressive. If you think you'll have your hands full with a teenaged Dade, I think you'd better be wary of the little miss.