Friday, June 10, 2011

Lost in "Fun"

After making the second dumbest purchase of my life (a very reduced priced set of passes to Lost in Fun) I loaded the kids up, headed to South Lincoln, and began a "fun" afternoon. Soren spilled her chocolate milk all over herself at Panera Bread. The boys threatened each others' lives repeatedly making me look like I'm running some kind of home-based mini mafia. It was pouring rain, so we had no better place to be than Lost in Fun. Besides maybe hell. Same difference.

For those of you who don't know what it is, Lost on Fun is like a (air conditioned!!) park with climbing toys and bounce houses. The kids love it, while mom gets a headache form all the yelling and a backache from pushing the tire swing.

Hey, it's all for the kids, right?

Well, I found on this trip that the kids are now old enough that I can spend quite a bit of time sitting on a bench reading my book. Hmmm. Maybe this can be fun after all. As much as I miss having a baby and often wish for those days back, the more the kids grow the easier it is on me to take them places.

In my defense, I have to mention that I have only one photo of the boys because I didn't even see them. They were off doing boy things and didn't even stop to say hello. Brody did beg for quarters for the arcade, but beyond that, the boys were truly lost in fun. When it was time to leave both boys were sweat covered despite the chill in the air. Lots of fun was obviously had.


The girls, on the other hand, didn't wander far from me and my spot on the bench. They enjoyed the swimgs most, which isn't surprising. Even though we have lots of things to do in our backyard, the girls are always asking for Daddy to build them a swing.

If this isn't the face of fun, I don't know what is.



I'm pretty sure I pushed Soren for a solid hour on the tire swing.


Lots of smiles!



I still have five punches left on my reduced priced pass card, so there will be at more trip to Lost in Fun in the future. Maybe this isn't such a bad deal after all.

No comments: