Monday, July 2, 2012

It's a Wedding!

Everyone loves a wedding, right?  Free food!  Free drinks! One gets to dress up in nicey nice clothes and dance!  It's so fun!

Colby's little sister Carrie's wedding was on June 30th in our hometown of Norfolk, NE. I was the Matron of Honor, or as I liked to call myself, the Matron of Holla!! Carrie even made me a shirt:


Little did she know that at her reception when I gave my toast I would truly showcase my skillz (with a z)...I rapped! I am the Matron of Holla! after all.

All good wedding weekends start out with manicures/pedicures for the wedding party.  Soren loved getting her nails painted.


I posed for a photo with my sisters-in-law...the bride is in the middle.


Evelyn got her nails painted yellow because not only is it her favorite color, but it was one of the wedding colors.


I got sexy red toes for my man.


The rehearsal supper was great fun.  We got to mess around with props for the photo booth.






Colby and his brother got to eat, drink, and make rude hand gestures.


And I snagged a photo of the original Mr. and Mrs.


Soren even let me take her photo with the groom, a man she actually "hates," or so she says... This doesn't really look like the face of hatred.



The groom, Jacob, served in Afghanistan for 8 months as a Marine, and returned home just this April.  All the kids proudly wear their Marine Corps t-shirts.  Mom and Dad do, too! 

The next morning, the girls all got their hair prettied up, which required lattes...


...and mimosas.  Soren took the champagne corks for her own activities.  Ever heard the saying "beer goggles"?  Well, Soren had champagne goggles, I guess.



I could show you how cutesy and princessy my babies looked as flower girls, but you all know how cute they are.  So, here are how the girls really are...



I took a few photos before the ceremony, before all the excitement began!





And I didn't take any photos at the reception.  Not one.  I was too busy having fun!!  I did, however, get a few photos the next day at gift opening/final good bye.  Jake and Carrie left for California the day after the wedding (and took Dade and Brody with them.  More on that to come.)  So, we all said good bye, some of us with tears (me and Carrie).



Wishing many more happy days ahead for Mr. and Mrs. Sunderman!!  And thanks to them, I have an excuse to visit California! 

No comments: