Thursday, June 21, 2012

Savory Beignets

I've been making a lot of new recipes lately thanks to Pinterest.  One of our favorites is this recipe for easy, tasty Cheddar and Chive Beignets.  They were a great Father's Day evening treat and tasted like a fried cheese doughnut.  Yum yum!  I even got to use chives from our garden!



Another new favorite is Gooey S'mores Cookies.  I finally found a use for these freeze-dried marshmallows that I bought for use in hot cocoa...that we never actually put in hot cocoa.  I will say this: the cookies are yummy but not really "gooey" because the marshmallows aren't your typical fluffy, melty morsels of goo. 


As usual, Jefferson found a comfy place in front of the tv while I baked.  This time he even had an old pillow for his old head.   You'd think that dog was addicted to "watching" Rachel Maddow on the dvr... He really needs to get out more.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

The beignets look amazing. Totally giving those a try!