Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter 2013!

For me, Easter signifies the official beginning of Spring.  Oh, how I love Spring in Nebraska.  It's a break from winter's harsh windchill.  It's time to plant a garden.  It's time to get ready for the chickens!!

The coop is about half built.as I type this.  Colby has done a great job of letting the kids help out with the coop.  He even let Brody use the drill.




So, before I give the update on our Easter festivities, I want to show you want the yard looked like before the coop...


I got an egg basket...


And we got some really cool old stuff for our coop from a family farm, including these nests:



Okay, now on to our Easter festivities!!  The Easter Bunny brought the kids each a little bunny habitat in a jar along with another goody.  Dade was not hip to having his photo taken so early in the morning, so I just got photos of the littler three.




We did get some family photos outside in the front yard before we headed to my parents' house:






And, of course, Grandma had Easter eggs hidden for the kids.  And, of course, they were filled with candy!



Happy Spring from the Cornhusker state! Let's just hope that the Spring weather sticks around and that Old Man Winter has retired until November.



1 comment:

Stacy said...

I cannot believe how TALL Dade is.....wow!