Friday, July 5, 2013

America the Beautiful

The 4th of July is a pretty popular holiday around the Vescapades house.  It's right up there with Christmas.  We got to spend the whole day in the yard doing absolutely nothing besides reading a book and having a beverage.  We ate junk food, which at the Vescapades house is the best part of a holiday.   The kids even got to have a soda. 





Our fireworks philosophy: light it and run!




Unless you are Dade...


Of course, I had to take a few silly selfies.  If I don't take photos of myself I worry there won't be any photos of me at all.  It's kind of what happens to moms: they take all the photos and aren't in any of the photos.







We spent the late evening lighting fireworks with our favorite neighbors.  We love them!


America is a great place to live, especially our little slice of heaven here in Lincoln.  We've settled in a place with great neighbors and a great community.  I only hope that my kids can have the same opportunity to live the beautiful American Dream that Colby and I are living.

No comments: