Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hawaiian Village

I think it's sort of funny that my aunt lives outside of Omaha on a man-made lake called Hawaiian Village.  I mean, really, Hawaii?  This is Nebraska where the closest thing we have to Hawaii is possibly a Dole pineapple.  The silly name doesn't prevent Hawaiian Village to be a pretty sweet little place to live.  Every year my aunt invites the family to come and play and boat and tube and eat.  The weather was ridiculously beautiful again this year.  Nebraska can be notoriously unpredictable in the weather department, but she did not disappoint us.

The kids love, love, love jumping off of the dock.







Of course, my hubby is never far away when his babies are in the water.


As usual, I took a few selfies with the fam:



Soren even lost a tooth at Aunt Mary's.  It had been hanging on by a thread for days, and she was so thrilled it was finally out!


I settled for digging my feet into some Nebraska sand, but I secretly wished it was ocean sand.  Maybe someday it will be actual Hawaiian sand. 








No comments: