Thursday, February 19, 2015

Friendsy


Oh, the cats.  One's a cuddler, and one's a rascal.  Can you tell which is which??

Moving on...my last post was, well, sort of a downer.  Part of being your best is vocalizing your struggles and asking for help when you need it.  I felt so much love and light sent to me after my post, and it was amazing.  Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

What I learned from writing the post is that I'm not the only one fighting imaginary battles.  Even battles that are imaginary still require weapons, and friends are the perfect weapon.   Girl Scouts has been promoting a program called Be a Friend First, and it most certainly isn't just for kids.  We don't always have the words to make our friends feel better, but we always have coffee or hugs or ears.  We always have a shoulder to cry on.  Even if you don't think you'll have the words to help, just be a friend.  Just be.  (Oh look, more yoga advice)

Of course, sometimes when I'm with a friend...


That's it.  I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that emotional slumps don't have to last.  When life is a frenzy, count on your friendsies.

No comments: