Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy 31st Birthday to Me!

Go shorty, it's your birthday!!

I love my birthday. I love all the great cards and gifts. I love that for one day everyone smiles and pays attention to me. Honestly though, I get a lot of attention every day. I am so blessed with lots of friends and a fabulous husband. I don't think I've ever had so many close friends, and I'm so happy to have them all. But birthdays are special because everyone is extra nice and buys you things. Who doesn't like presents?

Colby surprised me two times today. I woke up to find a Barbie and the Rockers doll on the kitchen table with a cute little note from Colby. I had the same Barbie as a child, and I pointed it out to Colby one day at the store. Of course, the girls want so badly to open it, but I'm content to just look at it for awhile and remember all the fun I had as a little girl. The second surprise came just after lunch when Colby showed up home from work early with a great Democrat donkey cake. How thoughtful and unique!




Later on we headed to Menards to shop for patio furniture and stuff for the fort Colby is building for the kids. We had supper at Matzalan II. I gorged on chicken nachos and margaritas. What a great birthday supper!!

I am now officially in my thirties. I don't think I've ever been happier than I am at this point in my life. Sure, I'd love a bigger house, but I have enough friends and family to fill this one up like a can of sardines. Who could ask for more?

So, to all my friends and family out there reading this: I love you all very much no matter how far away you are. You have helped make my 31 years so fantastic. I can't thank you all enough.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy (belated) birthday! That cake is fabulous.

And 31? You, my friend, are just a baby.