Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sowing the Seeds Update


Well, the cat grass has really sprouted and is serving its purpose.

The lavender sadly succumbed to the vicious Nebraska wind. And maybe I shouldn't have left it outside (ahem, twice) since I had it planted in an egg carton. Egg cartons are a great, eco-friendly way to start seeds, but you can't really leave them out in the wind. Duh.

My friend Dede bought me a little herb garden for my birthday, and we are anxiously awaiting little sprouts. I can't wait to get the garden planted. We are so looking forward to heading to the green house for seedlings.

In Healthy Body Challenge news, I continue to go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I am stuck at the same weight which is frustrating. I guess adding Ivanna Cone to the diet isn't helping. I also continue to reduce the amount of processed foods in the house. I'm not sure that I could ever give up the animal crackers, Nila Wafers, and other treats that the kids love so much. I could surely replace them with natural snacks, but I think I'll let them live a little. I send a little bag of baked chips with Dade in his lunch. I let Brody eat school lunch every day. Hey, I'm not perfect. Just better.

No comments: