Monday, April 26, 2010

Soren and Her Undies

Evelyn must have been a fluke. When it comes to potty training, anyway. She pretty much trained herself right before she turned two. Potty training the boys was a constant struggle, so I thought hey, girls must just be easier.

Soren is proving me wrong. Don't misunderstand me, though. She goes poop in the potty really consistently for which I am grateful. Tinkling, however, is a different story. She doesn't care if she pees in her Pull Up. Hell, that Pull Up could weigh 15 lbs from all the pee, and Soren would keep on playing. I am tired of using so many training diapers, so I bought some of those super absorbent undies. Good news: she loves to wear them and will choose them over a Pull Up. Bad news: she's peed through four of them today before nap. Even after she pees in her pants, she'll still have pee for the potty. She just doesn't hold her bladder at all and doesn't recognize she has to go until it's too late. She pees every 15 minutes. No joke. If there is one drop in that bladder of hers, she'll drain it, by golly.

I know she isn't quite ready to be potty trained. I'm glad that she is choosing to wear undies now. I hope that she learns to hold it for more than 15 minutes. Everyone say a pee pee prayer for the Vescapades home.

And just a sidenote: onions and radishes are sprouting in the garden. What a great feeling!

No comments: