Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sowing the Seeds

We are so anxious for Spring's warm temperatures to stick around. In an effort to hopefully speed the process, I have gone out on a limb and started a whole bunch of seeds with the help of the children. The daycare group and I planted some cat grass and lavender today as the wind howled. So, here is day one.



I also planted some pretty perrenials in the front yard. I don't remember what they're called, but they kind of look like orange and yellow Gerbera daisies. I think they're sunburst something or other. We already have some like it up front, and they grow like crazy even with me around.

I received an herb garden kit for my birthday from my friend Dede, so the girls and I are awaiting the sprouts of parsley, basil, and chives.

Come on Spring! Do your thing!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Update: the seeds in the egg carton blew over in the wind, but I think we saved a few. The cat grass in the metal container has one sprout!