Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Colby and I busted out the old Grease c.d. one day to listen with the kids. We sang and sang and sang: Colby was John Travolta and I was Olivia Newton John. The kids were not impressed with either the c.d. or our singing. Heartbreaking!

I'm sure many that read this blog have fond memories of Grease. Upon closer listening Colby noticed that the words "You know it ain't no shit we'll be gettin' lots of tit" (side note: who writes this stuff?) are crooned in the song "Greased Lightning." I was surprised and said, "You never noticed??!!" Gosh, when I was a kid I thought I was doing something naughty just listening to it. Colby replied, "I only watched this on t.v., so I must've gotten the edited version." Oh, that makes sense.

In any case, bonding with my hubby over shared memories of Grease (even though his are edited) is just one more reason we go together like ramma ramma lamma, da ding de ding de dong. Or whatever.

No comments: