Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Party to Me! (part 2)

Now that I've got all the sappy parts of my birthday celebration out of the way I can discuss the food, wine, gifts, and bowling!!

The food at Green Gateau was delicious, as always. Nothing says HAPPY BIRTHDAY like two kinds of wine, champagne, and two desserts. Holla!




And the lobster bisque soup is to die for.



This year's white elephant gift exchange theme was "I saw this and thought of Nichole" or "I saw this and knew Nichole would hate it." Most people brought stuff they knew I'd like: wine, rap music cds, pink socks, and flowers. Sara brought something she knew I'd hate: a Toby Keith cd. I almost barfed when I opened it. See what I mean, she can read my brain? I ended up keeping the wine glass I brought, and Colby got stuck with Toby Keith. I actually hid it in under some stuff when it was sitting in our van so that no one thought I actually owned Toby Keith.



Cody got a rap cd and pink socks, which he wore bowling.


Once we were done eating we headed off to bowl. See how happy we are?! It was so fun!











Okay, maybe there were a few too many drinks being poured.....



I had way too many drinks (which I later found out were Jack Daniels with Dr. Pepper, thanks Babe) and dropped my bowling ball backwards. I also spilled a drink, which is a party foul, so I had to chug the next one.




Did I mention I dropped my ball....and I bowl on a league? Pretty sure this is a shot of me after I dropped my ball.



But only one of us was puking, want to die, hung over the next day. This year's winner....Dede. Congrats. I know you won't be drinking any beer for awhile, and Sara and Travis are happy to pass you their crown from last year.

No comments: