Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

For us, Easter came in three parts this year. First we celebrated at my dad and step mom's house the Sunday before Easter. Grandma Julie always has plenty of candy, an egg hunt, and egg dyeing. This year she also helped Evelyn make cupcakes.

The kids had a great time hunting eggs. Dade even got to hunt, but I think he's grown a bit tall for the whole thing.






We also had ice cream cake to celebtrate all the March/April birthdays we have in the family.



My step mom and little sister made a quilt for me out of the girls' old receiving blankets. I couldn't bear to part with them, but there really isn't any reason to keep a big pile of baby blankets around. The quilt is fabulous beyond words, and I am truly grateful for their hard work. I get to keep the baby blankets and still actually have a use for them.



Our next celebration was in Norfolk for Easter and Colby's sister's college graduation. Mostly the girls and I just played with our cousin/nephew Kort. I know the kids hunted eggs with Grandma Connie, and I know the Easter Auntie gave them gifts, but I don't have any photos of that. Only Kort.





Finally, we celebrated at home. The kids loved the gifts brought by the Easter Mommy, um, Bunny. However, Dade got out of bed about and hour and a half after his siblings and as such missed picture time.




Our Easter tradition is the giving of chocolate bunnies. Colby always received a chocolate bunny as a kid, so our kids will have the same.


On a more somber note, right after I took this photo Evelyn barfed on herself. She continued to barf all morning but was fine in time for Chinese food for supper.

No comments: