Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

It takes a village to raise a child, and those of us who are lucky enough to have a village really appreciate the help! My village includes an amazing group of women, other SAHM as well as working moms. I love them like they are my family, and I only hope that I can be as good a friend to them as they are to me.
I have a loving and supportive family that helps me out so very much! I get at least a week off in the summer thanks to the large group of grandmas and grandpas that inhabit my village. My parents and in-laws never fail to spoil my children. Whenever I go to drop the kids off at the grandparents' houses, I am immediately asked BY MY BABIES to leave ASAP. Really?!

Speaking of kids, I have seriously awesome kids. I don't have to worry about showing up to parent-teacher conferences because the teachers always have good things to say. I know that the kids can go to their friends' houses and our family's houses and not wreak havoc. In fact, many times we are even invited back.


Most of all this Mother's Day, I am thankful for my spouse, my best friend, my baby-daddy. My life as a mom is infinitely easier because of him. He goes tp work every day in a high-stress job to provide me with a home, health insurance, and a Target debit card. I knew I loved him 15 years ago, but I didn't know that I would love him even more every day. Every.single.day.


I know Mother's Day is supposed to be about me, but today I am thankful for all the other people that make being a mom so much better: great kids, great friends, great family, and a great partner.

No comments: