Monday, May 14, 2012

My Baby Brother Graduates

Once upon a time there was a little baby boy.  He cried incessantly as an infant; he would be crying when I went to school, and he would still be crying when I got home.  He was an asshole.  Seriously.  He drove my poor step mother insane.  Luckily, he was cute as could be.
As he grew older (and chunkier), his asthma would cause him to vomit every time he got worked up running around the house.  It was a pretty neat party trick, but only because I was a teenager and didn't have to clean up the vomit.  Again, he's lucky he was cute...

My little brother is now 18 years old and a high school graduate. It's really like seeing one of my own children grow up and graduate since I was in 9th grade when he was born. I changed his diapers (sometimes). It's hard to believe he's that old...and that I'm that old!


Congrats, Alex, on surviving 18 years as a Siebrandt. Since you are dad's first born son, you'd better not tarnish his name (by becoming a bleeding heart liberal like me). He's lucky most people know me as a Vesely. As you enter adulthood, know that I am always here for you but that I will not bail you out of jail. I've to save all my "bail money fund" for Brody.


For his graduation, I made Alex some special Seward Blue jay-blue cupcakes with Cookie Monster's face. Cooookieeeeee!!
 

No comments: