Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Thought I would Have More Time...

...to blog since the kids are all in school now.   Alas, my days are still filled with errands and baking and cleaning and housewifing.  I am sorely behind in blog posting.  Here are few reasons why:

1.  During the first full week of school, Dade did the following: dropped and broke his trumpet, lost his $45 bus pass, and missed the morning bus to school.   Two trips to the music store later the trumpet is fixed.  I had to wake up all the little kids at 6:15am to drive Dade to school on the morning he missed the bus, but they all got to eat McDonalds breakfast as a reward for not complaining.  Dade rode his bike to the grocery store and used his own money to replace the bus pass he lost.  Dade also has band rehearsal one evening per week (40 extra minutes in the car each day), and he performs at football games on Friday nights (1 hour of extra time in the car).   

2.  Even though four kids are now in school, they still somehow manage to make piles upon piles of laundry and dirty dishes.  They also freaking eat.  A lot. 

3.  It has finally been nice outside, and who wants to sit inside in front of a computer?

4.  I am babysitting a friend's daughter part time on top of teaching yoga.

5.  Sometimes I really want to sit down and watch Pop Up Video while drinking coffee. 

6.  I have a horrible Pinterest addiction.  Seriously.

So, blog friends, I promise to post more family updates.  Starting now.

No comments: