Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swimming!

The kids love to swim; I don't.  I have a very short attention span, and swimming with the kids just isn't something I like to do.  That said, when a fellow stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) invites us to her apartment complex to swim in their pool it's hard to say no.  At least I will have another mom to talk to, right?

This particular SAHM has only been in America for a few years; she is Ukrainian.  Her English is awesome, and she should be over the moon proud of her English language skills.  I took Spanish in high school and was actually about two classes from having a Spanish minor in college, and she puts all that to shame with her abilities.  I know her from yoga classes, and I will also say that she is is very gifted in her yoga practice.  And she's super nice, gracious, and thoughtful.   I have really enjoyed getting to know her and was excited to see how our kids got along with each other.

We also had our nephew/cousin, Ethan, here with us this week, and he got to enjoy the pool. This was our second trip to I's pool, and her kids and my kids got along really well. She even asked if Dade would babysit her boys sometime.  He must have made a really good impression.  One thing I noticed is that boys from America and the Ukraine both like to wrestle, push each other in the pool, and generally rough house. It's definitely cross-cultural boy behavior, and it was great to see them become fast friends. 



Miss Soren

My little fish, Evelyn

There's Ethan with his signature cheesy smile!


Polka dot bikini!

Dade is now big enough to take on Brody and Ethan with little resistance.   

No comments: