Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a commercial holiday, no doubt about it.  It's a chance for jewelry stores and florists to make big bucks off of hapless husbands/boyfriends/partners who don't think outside of the box for a gift.  Don't get me wrong: I love flowers and jewelry, but there isn't a lot of creativity or thought involved.  Also, I'm pretty much allergic to all metals used in affordable jewelry, and our kittens will eat any and all plants brought into this house...which means Colby is forced to think outside of the box.

We've been together for a really long time.  My guess is 17 years, but I am not good with dates.  We will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in May, and we dated a few years before that.  After 17 years of holidays, Colby knows exactly what to get me every year: he says, "Go on Etsy, put a few things in your cart, and I'll pick one."  Best.husband.ever.



This year,  I/he chose a vintage spice rack with hand-painted cherries.  It is super cute and looks perfect in our kitchen.  Good choice, Babe.


No comments: