Wednesday, February 6, 2013

For the Love of Busy Days

I feel so bad that I haven't been keeping up with my blog. My blog gives me a place to vent, a place to brag, a place to journal. I like to look back through old entries and see how much has changed around the Vescapades house.  Things have just been hectic around here.

All four of my kids are in school, so I find myself filling my time with Pinterest crafts, cooking, and errands. I take the kids to school by 9am, teach yoga until nearly 11am, and by then the day seems half spent.  The kids need to be picked up by 3:30pm, so I squeeze into my alone time all the laundry and cleaning and shopping. Yes, lots of shopping.  Of course, there are Mom dates at the Indian restaurant, the yogurt shop, or the coffee house.  I help a friend with her photography business.  I babysit for moms who need back-up.

That's just the kind of hectic I need, the kind of hectic that comes with being a stay at home mom.  I love the kind of hectic where I am trying to squeeze in coffee breaks with my friends between yoga classes and grocery runs.  It's the kind of hectic I missed while Colby was unemployed.

Here's a salute to the busy days I have, filled with first-world problems and the occasional nap.  It's the kind of busy for which one should be thankful.  And I most assuredly am.

No comments: