Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet My New Ink



That's me and one of my besties, Sara, last Fall at Pioneers Park here in Lincoln. We've been friends since I was 17 and she was 16; we are now 33. We've been together through positive pregnancy tests, break ups, weddings, funerals, high school, college, motherhood, unemployment, and everything else that happens between the ages of 16 and 33. A lot.

The best part about our friendship is the way it has stood the tests of time and distance. She wasn't a bridesmaid in my wedding, but she should've been. I have one bridesmaid that I haven't seen since my wedding day. Needless to say, I wasn't always such a good judge of character. I have been blessed these passed almost TWENTY years to have two people always with me: Colby and Sara. Her two kids are the same age as my youngest two. We even gave birth to our youngest children (both girls) two months apart so they could be besties. Well, maybe not on purpose, but still...

Sara and I have both went through some pretty amazing body transformations, as well, losing probably about 90 lbs between the two of us. She can borrow clothes from me now, like best friends should! But if she gets skinnier than me, I might have to punch her. Wink, wink.

Sara and I shared another first on Saturday: I went with her to get her first tattoo. Not only was it her first tattoo, but we got matching tattoos!! She got a heart on her left shoulder, and I got one on my right. We have been standing side by side, heart to heart, and soul to soul for years, and now we've just made it a little more official. Not only that, but when we are apart I can carry her heart with me.


Here's to an everlasting friendship that I will carry with me until my dying day.

No comments: