Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving



We spent a lovely Thanksgiving day at my parents' house in Seward. Their house is sufficiently large to hold the six members of our family and the six members of theirs. I prepared green bean casserole, strawberry margarita dessert, and pumpkin and cherry pies. I hate pumpkin pie, but I bake a really good one.



After our lovely lunch which included a large hunk of beef, punch, and lots of potatoes, we all sat around and played Guitar Hero and Trivial Pursuit. We were obligated to go around the table and say for what we are thankful, and Evelyn dutifully replied, "Kitties and puppies." My kids decided they wanted to stay overnight, so we traded: our four kids for my "little" brother Alex. Alex came home with Colby and I to hang out and do a little Black Friday shopping.

We had a really nice time, especially since we only had to travel about 20 minutes.

On a side note, Colby spent Thanksgiving morning taking a needy family in Crete a turkey dinner. Although I missed having him with us for the first part of our celebration, I am very proud of him for volunteering to do a good deed on Thanksgiving.

No comments: