Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Student of Character


I couldn't believe it when we got the letter in the mail: Dear Parent, your child has been selected by his/her teacher as a Student of Character.

Brody? Mr. Pessimistic? Mr. Glass Half Empty? I mean, we knew he acted all quiet and nice at school, but I guess we didn't know how bad it really was. Did I say bad? I meant good.

We were really worried about Brody when he went off to kindergarten. Would he be able to do his work without bitching constantly? Would he be able to sit quietly and not have the last word? Well, he surprised us and became "the man" in kindergarten. His teacher raved about how he was a great class leader and how she wished that all the kids could be like him. Really? His first grade teacher has told us how quiet he is and how eager to please he is when it comes to his schoolwork. REALLY!!?? Brody, right? Brody Vesely?

Don't get me wrong. He's a well behaved, handsome, playful, and outgoing kid who loves to cuddle and still give me kisses at bedtime. But, seriously, he's really good at finding the negative in everything. And trouble follows him.

We are very proud of him and hope he continues being a great student and a great kid. But we've started a bail fund just in case.

No comments: