Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks, Fireworks, Fireworks

With the boys in Norfolk at Grandma and Grandpa's, it was Colby and his girls left to celebrate Independence Day together. Lucky, lucky man.

Our first stop was my bestie Amanda's house for lunch and swimming. I brought my famous cookies, noodle salad, hummus with pita chips, and homemade apple crisp. I think I ate most of the apple crisp myself. (Side note: I wonder why I don't lose weight, and then I eat 3/4 of an apple crisp.) Yum Yum! We had a lovely afternoon despite the mosquitoes, and the girls are looking forward to swimming there again. It's nice to have a friend with a backyard pool; the girls see our visits there as a very special treat.

Our next stop was home to blow up even more fireworks. Evelyn loved lighting everything that she could.



Of course, you have to light it and then run!



You still have to bring the Top Model, even to light fireworks.





Soren hung out with us, but she didn't light anything. Of course, she had to wear the King Kong shirt we got her at the Empire State Building. If it's clean (and even if it isn't) she's wearing it.



Starting July 9th, all four of the kids will be at Grandma's for a week. That will be Colby's and my Independence Day. God bless Grandma, I mean, America!!



We spent the nighttime hours eating with our neighbors and then lighting tons more fireworks. Soren and her bestie Taver played in our backyard for quite awhile. They get in the sandbox, and it's hard to get them out. Tonight they enjoyed playing with some ice from our cooler, and Colby enjoyed shoving ice down the back of my shirt. Jackass.



Of course, we missed the boys, but they were off at Grandma's house blowing stuff up with Grandpa and fishing the days away.

No comments: