Thursday, July 14, 2011

So the Kids are Gone And...

...Life has been pretty good. The house stays clean. We get to go out whenever we want. I can swear all I want. I can go to the bathroom in private. It's great.

But there's no one here to sing me a song. There's no one here to tell me a story or "help" me with my chores. For all the fun we're having without the kids, we usually have a really good time with the kids around.

Someday I picture my life being like this every day. Once the kids are older we will have our independence back. Until then, I can't wait til the house is once again filled with the pitter patter of little feet. My life right now is meant to be filled with the noise and excitement and scuffling of my children.

See you in a few days, kiddos.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I know exactly how unsettling that quiet feels (and I only have one pair of scuffling feet).