Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Swingers

Soren loves to swing. I refused for a very long time to have a swing in our yard for two reasons: I didn't want to stand outside and push a kid on the swing all day (selfish mama), and I didn't want to break up fights about who gets to swing (I already have to break up fights about who gets to brush their damn teeth first. Can you tell it irritates me?) As such, Soren specifically asks to go over to our neighbors' house not to play with her bestie, but to swing on their swing set. Here she is all alone on the 4th of July swinging:




After watching her pathetically from across the street, I finally decided to get the girl her own swing. With Colby's blessing, we headed to Toys R Us yesterday to buy a small swing set for the front yard. We can't put it in the backyard because it will kill the precious grass. We'll instead put it up front with the weeds and the shade tree.

She can push herself now, anyway. I know she'll still be yelling, "Mom, come push me!" I also know that (thank god) she can swing herself. Hopefully, Daddy can get the swing set assembled tonight so that she can start swinging tomorrow. Now she can sit on her own swing and sing songs from Glee (her current favorite is Beth, originally done by Kiss) instead of swinging at the neighbors'.

I also have another photo I'd like to share of my little nugget. She's gotten into a bit of a Top Model phase, possibly a Lady Gaga phase. I don't know what it is, but it sure is cute when she wants to wear this to the store:

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Troubled about that last photo......your girl has a whole Lady Gaga thing going on there.

I spent hours pushing JT on a swing. I used to fantasize about what I would do with all the time when it finally ended. Hard to believe that now!

Rebecca Beile said...

=D Soren never ever ceases to amuse me. She is such a freaking character!!! That last picture is quite fabulous.