Sunday, July 3, 2011

Potluck and Fireworks

We had so much to pack into our 4th of July weekend, but all of it turned out fantastic. We headed to Norfolk on Saturday to celebrate with Jake and Colby's family. The kids got to eat a lot, have soda, and blow up lots of fireworks. The girls' favorite part was playing in the pool with their cousins.





My favorite parts were a) all the compliments I got on the cupcakes, and 2) all the compliments I got on how good I'm looking. It's always great to know that hard work pays off on both the baking front and the exercise front. I really do appreciate all the kind words, and I will repay them with kind words in return. Karma is a wonderful thing!

We left Dade and Brody behind in Norfolk and headed back home with the girls. The girls get to go back to Grandma's soon, so no worries. Soren didn't cry in the van on the way home, and both girls had nice little snoozes while the soundtrack from Glee played over the radio. I'm quite sure Colby has had enough Glee to last him a lifetime.

I know the boys are having fun in Norfolk, but I'm sad they are gone (mainly because I have to do their chores while their gone). Woe is me.

No comments: