Saturday, October 29, 2011

Girl Scouts Update

Our first year of Girl Scouts is off to a great start! I really enjoy thinking of projects, planning meetings, and meeting with the girls. I've got an awesome co-leader, and I couldn't do this without her.

My proudest achievement so far is the kaper chart I made. A kaper chart is the Girl Scout equivalent of a chore chart. It took me all afternoon, but it turned out great.



In October we celebrate the birthday of Girl Scout founder, Juliette Low. In honor of her spirit of giving back to the community, the girls all brought a few items from home including coats, gloves, hats, and warm blankets. Evelyn and I then donated them to our elementary school and the Family Resource Center.





Our next community service activity will be a drive to collect new socks and underwear for kids to be donated to the school and resource center. I was told they are in desperate need of these items, and Troop 20142 will help fill the need. Plus, the girls think it's really hilarious that they get to say underwear at our meetings. We'll let them plan a flier and gather the items for donations.

I'm really excited about sharing the spirit of sisterhood and community service with my troop. I hope the troop sticks together and keeps growing together as Girl Scouts!

No comments: