Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Kort and Riley!

Oh my goodness, it's another birthday post!! I'm telling you, this time of year is busy. I thought to myself, "I could either write a post about the Wall Street protests or a post about having fun at birthday parties." I'm sure you'll appreciate the party post.

I have to begin by saying the Friday before our busy birthday weekend, Soren was puking. Again. Thank goodness it lasted a very short time this time, but we have her scheduled to go to a gastrointerologist in January. The girl's had the pukes five or six times in the last 18 months. Not normal. Now, moving on....

Saturday morning we headed to Vala's Pumpkin Patch to my nephew's 1st birthday party. The kids have been looking forward all year to going back to the pumpkin patch, and the weather was perfect for a Fall frolic at Vala's. Really, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. My sister-in-law rented a campsite with a fire and a shed for shelter. It's become our new Fall tradition. Last year when we came, Kort was only a few days old. Now he's 1!

Here's Evelyn with the birthday boy, neither of whom would look at the camera:


We got some cute family photos, too:




Even old married folks like us still like to make out in public:


The kids loved riding on the pedal carts, and Colby and his brother Scott liked racing against the kids. They're pretty much just kids themselves.



While my sister-in-law and I took the girls in the "haunted" house (side note: my sons were too chicken), some idiot pulled the fire alarm. If we thought the haunted house was jinky in the dark, you really should have seen it with all the lights on. It was terrible.

Right after the pumpkin patch, we made the drive back to Lincoln for a swimming party for my friend's daughter, Riley. Colby got in the pool with the kids while I hung out on the sidelines and chatted. I still had stitches in my head, so I thought it best not to soak in pool water.



Here are the party kids ready for cake and presents:


We had a really great time at both parties. It's always great to be reminded of life's blessings, and we are definitely blessed.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Did I miss the posting where you explained why you had stitches in your head? The hats look awesome, by the way!