Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Soren!

As promised, my long series of birthday posts continues today in celebration of my baby's birthday. After many long discussions about what she'd like to have for her birthday party, Soren finally decided on a costume party (after we refused Chuck E. Cheese with great fervor).

Oh my gosh, was this a fun party!!!

Soren's costume of choice???? Captain America. Kick ass.




We decorated the garage just a little bit. Thank goodness it was nice enough (hot, even) to have the party in the garage. I baked three kinds of cupcakes: pumpkin, banana, and chocolate.



Here's our fun family portrait, all dressed up in costumes. I'm the Eskimo, Colby's a jester, Dade's Tiger Woods (side note: everyone said, "But Tiger Woods is Black!" Correction, people: he's White, Black, and Asian. Jeez.), Brody as Darth Vader, Evelyn the devil, and, of course, Captain America.



Soren had so many friends join her to celebrate:














Grandma wanted a photo of all her grandkids dressed up, and she got one!



We made some crafts, played spooky bingo, and even trick-or-treated. Although by the end of the party I was exhausted, it was one of the most fun kids' parties we've ever had. There were more than 20 kids here, and all of them were very well behaved (until Brody led a gang of boys down the block and around the corner freaking out one of the boys' moms). I'm looking forward to buying lots of great Halloween clearance goodies for next year's party. I know Colby's totally psyched. Or not.

No comments: