Sunday, October 30, 2011

Goodbye, My Friend

Saturday was a sad day at the Vescapades house: we had to put our cat Tiger to sleep. He had been sick for a few days, and it turns out that his liver had failed. He either ate something poisonous, ate a mouse that had eaten poison, or had some kind of a tumor. We will never know for sure. However, I learned how much he meant to Colby and the kids despite the fact that Tiger hated everyone he ever met (besides Colby).

The kids were scared of Tiger; he bit them all the time for no apparent reason. He would cuddle up and purr in their faces, bite them on the cheek, and run away. My friend's son once said, "Dogs aren't mean, but cats are." Guess where he learned that? I often called Tiger "asshole" or "asscat". He terrorized the neighbors. He attacked the dishwasher repairman. I thought for sure his passing would be relatively painless for the kids. Colby was so upset, much more so than I thought he might be. He even said on the way out of the vet's office, "We're gonna have to get another cat." If Colby was upset, the kids were devastated. They all cried for the cat that hated them.

The girls wanted to draw him pictures. Evie looks visibly sad in her photo.





Soren wrote "I love Tiger" the best she could.



Tiger was cremated and will be spread over the garden of one of the vet techs. We'll miss you, Puss Puss. I know you're in cat heaven hissing at Cat Jesus and licking your booty in front of the tv. I'd expect nothing less from you.





1 comment:

Stacy said...

So sorry to hear about Tiger. RIP, kitty.