Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saturday Night Out

Thanks to my helpful "little" brother (he's 17 and probably 6 feet 2), Colby and I got to go out with our friends on Friday night. We even got my bro to take a quick photo:



Soren was happy to have her uncle babysit because she said that they could, "jump on him all night." Well, I don't think that happened, but Little Miss Captain America was ready:



We went to Lincoln's newest sushi bar, Dozo. The atmosphere is totally big city, but I've had better food at one of the other local sushi places. I guess you can't have it all. The good news is that it's located right around the corner from Ivanna Cone, so I got to go get a scoop of peanut brittle and a scoop of dutch chocolate. After three glasses of Elderflower and champagne (it smelled like a bouquet!), I was sufficiently lubricated enough to go to the cigar bar despite my sore throat. The men got to smoke their lungs out, and the ladies got to gossip. It all worked out in the end.

After having our fill of cigars and spirits, we headed out for a game of bowling. I bowled a 158, thank you very much, proving that champagne does not interfere with my ability to roll. Margaritas, yes. Lots of margaritas and I roll the ball backwards. But that's another story (see blog post about my birthday party this year).

We were home before midnight like the true old people that we are. Perhaps next time we'll actually make it to midnight. Or not.

No comments: