Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving at the Beach

No, that's not a misprint. We spent this Thanksgiving at my aunt's house, and she just happens to live on a man-made lake near Omaha (her neighborhood is called Hawaiian Acres - really). Despite the fact that we are well into November, the weather was a fabulous 65 degrees or more. Seriously, what more can one be thankful for than beautiful weather and waterfront property?

For the occasion, I prepared about a million kolaches: apricot, cherry, cheesecake, and pecan. They went over very well, especially with Dade (aka Bottomless Pit). Colby even said, "This is how a kolache should taste. Is this my grandma's recipe?" Yes, Dear, it was. My sisters even snagged some to take home for later. I told them I'd give them baking lessons soon!

Back to the beach....

Brody and Evie put their feet in the water:



We took a family photo on the beach:



Colby and I pretended to honeymoon in Hawaii:



I took some funny photos with my brother and sisters:





And I made sure to take some photos of the kids:






If a beach Thanksgiving in Nebraska doesn't sound strange enough, how about a Thanksgiving celebration with a pinata? I know the Pilgrims would be proud.





No cars/kids/scrotums were harmed during this event. That's also something for which we were thankful.

No comments: